My heart nearly jumped out of my chest! What is gone wrong? I just installed a plugin into my WP site and boom the admin screen went blank white. If you have a situation like that, do not panic. Thanks to http://jaredheinrichs.com/how-to-troubleshoot-wordpress-white-screen-of-death.html I was saved.
Follow the following steps if you are using a control panel.
1. Go to your cpanel and click on File Manager
2. Next, click ‘wp-content’ to open the folder
3. Rename “Plugins” Folder to “Plugins_Old”.
4. Create new empty folder called “plugins”
5. This will disable all the WordPress plugins.
6. Log into WordPress and verify that you no longer have the White Screen
7. Make sure all plugins are disabled.
8. Delete “plugins” folder you just created.
9. Rename “plugins_old” to “plugins”.
10. Log back into WordPress
11. Enable plug-ins one at a time to see which one was causing the issues.
By Gideon Brefo
Jared 2009 ‘How to troubleshoot WordPress “White Screen” of Death.’ retrieved on 23/12/2015 from http://jaredheinrichs.com/how-to-troubleshoot-wordpress-white-screen-of-death.html/comment-page-1#comment-297191